Ways To Keep Polished Concrete Floors Shiny In San Marcos
Concrete floors are a popular choice for both residential and commercial settings. Their durability, low maintenance needs, and attractive appearance make them an ideal choice for those looking for flooring that is easy to maintain. However, it’s important to take steps to ensure the concrete remains shiny and polished. Here are seven tips to keep your concrete floors looking their best:
- Keeping the surface free of dirt and debris will help prevent scratches in the finish as well as making sure any spills or stains don’t set in quickly. Use a dust mop or vacuum rather than a broom as this can create more dust particles which may settle into the pores of the concrete surface.
- Placing mats at entrances and exits of the space will help reduce the amount of dirt and particles that are tracked in. Make sure to use a mat that is designed for indoor use as some cheaper mats can contain chemicals which could damage the concrete over time.
- Sealing your concrete floors will add an extra layer of protection from staining, scratching, and general wear-and-tear. There are several types of sealants available on the market but it’s important to select one that has been specifically designed for use with polished concrete surfaces.
- Buffing the surface again once or twice a year helps bring back its original luster and shine. It’s important to use the right type of buffing pad and a good quality polish for this task in order to prevent damage.
- If any liquids are spilled on the floor, it’s important to clean them up immediately. Leaving these spills to sit can lead to staining and discoloration over time.
- Selecting an appropriate cleaner is essential when it comes to keeping polished concrete floors looking their best. Make sure the cleaner you choose is specifically designed for use on concrete surfaces and avoid using harsh chemicals such as bleach or ammonia which could cause damage over time.
- Waxing may be necessary for some other types of flooring but it’s important to avoid this with concrete. Wax can create a slippery surface and may prevent the sealant from properly adhering to the floor.
How Do I Make My Concrete Floor Shine?
Regular cleaning, buffing and the application of a sealant will help keep concrete floors looking shiny.
How Often Should I Seal My Concrete Floors?
It’s recommended that you seal your concrete floor every two to three years in order to ensure it remains protected from staining and wear-and-tear.
Can I Wax My Concrete Floors?
No, wax should not be used on concrete floors as this can create a slippery surface and may prevent the sealant from properly adhering to the floor.
It is important to take steps to keep your polished concrete floors looking their best. Cleaning, buffing, and sealing regularly will help maintain the floor’s original shine while avoiding harsh chemicals and wax can help protect it from damage. For more information, contact Concrete Contractor San Marcos at (760) 289-3555.