How To Keep Your Countertops Polished For Long-Lasting Beauty In San Marcos?
Concrete countertops are beautiful and luxurious, but they require some extra effort to keep them looking that way. Here are seven tips for keeping your countertop polished and looking amazing for years to come:
- Wipe up spills immediately with a soft cloth and use a mild detergent or cleaner designed specifically for concrete countertops. Make sure you dry the surface thoroughly after each cleaning.
- Use cutting boards when slicing, dicing, and chopping; never place hot dishes directly on the surface; and always lift items instead of dragging them across your countertop to prevent marks.
- Use an appropriate polishing compound specifically designed for concrete surfaces (available at most hardware stores) to keep your countertop looking shiny and new.
- Placemats or trivets can help protect your countertop from food and drink spills, hot pots and pans, and other items that could potentially damage the surface.
- Many everyday household cleaners are too abrasive for concrete surfaces; stick with mild detergents or a cleaner specifically designed for concrete countertops to avoid damaging your surfaces over time.
- Sealing your countertops can help protect them from stains, scratches, and heat damage; however it is best not to seal if you would like an aged look as the patina will be lost.
- A professional can inspect your countertops for any signs of damage and help you keep them looking their best with regular polishing and cleaning.
How Can I Make My Countertops Look Glossy?
Polishing your countertops with a polishing compound specifically designed for concrete surfaces can help give them a glossy, shiny finish.
What Is The Easiest To Maintain Countertop?
Generally speaking, quartz and granite are the easiest to maintain countertops. They require less upkeep than concrete, but still need to be cleaned regularly and protected from scratching or staining.
How Often Should You Seal Your Countertops?
If you choose to seal your countertops, it’s recommended that you reseal them every two years. Sealing helps protect the surface from stains and scratches, but can also make it harder for the patina to develop naturally if that is something you are looking for. It is a good idea to consult a professional before sealing.
It is possible to keep your concrete countertops looking as good as new with the right care and maintenance. It is important to clean regularly, protect your surfaces from scratches and marks, and use appropriate cleaners. For more information, contact Concrete Contractor San Marcos at (760) 289-3555.